High performing teams are the foundation of a successful business
Set your Team Leaders up for success
Competenz has designed the Team Management programme to equip your current and future Team Leaders with the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in their roles.
Gain your National Certificate in Business Level 3
As an exclusive offer for our Competenz customers, we are working with our training provider Biz Advisor to bring you a course consisting of two, one day workshops that will result in this nationally recognised certificate. This course is designed for existing and new managers and team leaders.
Places are limited to 12 people per course on a first-in-first-served basis.
Registration fee is NZ$500 per person.
Please contact Competenz to discuss large group bookings, we are able to arrange a closed course in the workplace for groups of 10-12 people.
- Courses may be rescheduled if we do not achieve minimum numbers.
- Cancellations or non-attendance/completion will result in a cancellation fee of $250/day, charged by Competenz
- To attend you must be a member of one of our industry sectors - please check here
National Certificate in Business Level 3 – Industry Course Outline
Module 1 - Management essentials
- How to effectively communicate in the workplace and deliver clear instructions to their team
- Outcome: Learners will be proficient in listening, questioning and using a variety of communication styles to connect with their diverse team members
Module 2 - Motivating others
- Introducing learners to 'teams' and how to understand them better.
- Outcome: Learners will understand what is required to build an effective team, be able to describe different leadership styles and be taught techniques to motivate individual team members.
Module 3 - Delivering results
- Fundamental team leader skills needed to ensure their team is results driven.
- Outcome: Learners will understand the key components of effective performance management and be able to give constructive feedback to their team.
Module 4 - Increasing performance
- How to deliver effective training to others.
- Outcome: Learners will be able to apply on the job training skills and be able to prioritise tasks to ensure there is time for the important activities to increase your business performance
Module 5 - Understanding your organisation
- Understanding how a business functions and how the role of a team leader contributes to the big picture.
- Outcome: Learners will be able to communicate their organisations vision and values, apply cross functional knowledge of their organisations market and products
National Certificate in Business Level 3
The aims of the course leading to the National Certificate in Business Level 3 are to: Develop/ further develop a range of business related competencies, including; effective communication, motivating others, performance management, delivering and increasing performance.