Lifts & escalators
Lifts and escalators are a feature of any major building. In our ever expanding urban environment, the demand for well trained technicians is on the rise.
What does it involve?
Lift technicians need to have:
- knowledge of electronics and electrical theory
- knowledge of mechanics and engineering
- knowledge of lift mechanics
- knowledge of building warrant of fitness requirements.
What kind of jobs could I do?
- discuss clients' requirements
- install lifts and escalators
- modify circuitry in lifts and escalators
- monitor performance of lifts or escalators with a computer
- maintain lifts and escalators and fix faults
- free people who become trapped in lifts.
How much could I earn?
$80k - $100k
How we support your industry
We partner with members of your industry to help recruit and build talented employees. This support includes promoting careers in your industry, identifying potential apprentices, and encouraging work placements.
We also ensure your industry’s qualifications continue to meet needs, support industry events like conferences and regularly celebrate your learners’ success.
National Certificate in Lifts and Escalators, Level 4, with strands in Installation and Servicing
This qualification is designed to enable people employed in the Lifts and Escalators industry to gain recognition for the relevant skills and knowledge required by industry expressed in terms of competency.
People awarded with this qualification are able to safely install, test and service a range of traction and hydraulic lifts and escalators systems to comply with statutory standards and to meet customer requirements.
This qualification has been designed with specialist strands to accommodate the principle sectors of Installation and Servicing within the Lifts and Escalators discipline.