What does it involve?
Lift technicians need to have:
- knowledge of electronics and electrical theory
- knowledge of mechanics and engineering
- knowledge of lift mechanics
- knowledge of building warrant of fitness requirements.
- discuss clients' requirements
- install lifts and escalators
- modify circuitry in lifts and escalators
- monitor performance of lifts or escalators with a computer
- maintain lifts and escalators and fix faults
- free people who become trapped in lifts.
How could I get into the industry
Does this sound like you?
|Attributes||Helpful experience||Preferred work environments|
How much could I earn?
$80k - $100k
|School||Entry level jobs||Advancing jobs||Senior jobs|