The Targeted Training and Apprenticeship Fund (TTAF) provides free training for apprenticeships and targeted traineeships from 01 July 2020 to December 2022.
These costs still need to be invoiced to forestry employers and paid as normal. Once the trainer’s invoice is paid, the employer can claim reimbursement from Competenz.
What is covered?
- Training costs paid to an external trainer for learners enrolled in a training agreement with Competenz for a TTAF eligible programme (not for learners enrolled with other ITOs or ITPs).
- The training costs related to the achievement of unit standards required for the programme the specified learners are enrolled in.
How does this work?
- You continue to invoice the employer for training and the employer pays the invoiced amount directly to you
- The employer then claims a refund of the paid invoice directly from Competenz
- The way you invoice Competenz for assessment services remains unchanged, please continue to follow current process through OAP.
Information you must include when invoicing the employer:
- Learner’s name
- Programme the learner is enrolled in (must be a TTAF eligible programme)
- Units that the training relates to
- Training dates
- Fee type – Training excludes assessment
You can use our Excel spreadsheet template to send this information to your customer with your invoice.
For any questions about the training reimbursement process, please email us.