What is an apprenticeship?
A Competenz apprenticeship is a structured programme that combines practical and technical training. An apprenticeship takes three to four years to complete.YouTube
Anyone can do an apprenticeship
You just need to be 16 years of age or older and be a New Zealand citizen or have New Zealand residency and the right to work in New Zealand. Employees already working in your business without formal qualifications can have their skills formally recognised.
Keeping the costs manageable
Competenz receives government funding which subsidises the costs of apprenticeships for employers.
Competenz offers two options for apprenticeships, which you can customise to suit your business needs.
- I haven’t got time to recruit a suitable apprentice
- I like the idea of someone else taking on all the responsibility of employing my apprentice
- I’d like to pay for my apprentice on a contract basis to reduce my risk
- My team and I will train the apprentice but we don’t have time and ability to coach and mentor them regularly and actively
Find out more
Skills for any industry
- I’ve got an existing employee who’d make a great apprentice OR I’ve got the time and ability to recruit a great apprentice
- I’d like to be my apprentice’s formal employer
- My team and I will train the apprentice and we’ve got time and ability to coach and mentor them regularly and actively
Contact us today