An exclusive, invitation only event, brought to you by Competenz.
Wednesday 6 September 2017
Villa Maria Estate, Auckland
7.30am – 2.00pm
Competenz works with more industry sectors than any other ITO. We are at the heart of a unique network of business owners and leaders in 36 industries, who have their commitment to skills training and their future focus in common. We see common workforce development challenges on the horizon for us all. We want to share this knowledge and explore and facilitate solutions, by bringing this network together.
Our very first forum takes place on 6 September 2017, at the home of one of our customers,Villa Maria Estate. There are only 60 places, available to selected business owners and leaders who are:
- currently investing in skills training, and
- recognised for their future focus and drive to help New Zealand industry succeed.
Please submit an expression of interest below and a member of our Senior Leadership Team will be in touch to confirm your attendance at the event.
We are excited for our future and hope you’ll join us to see exactly what’s on the horizon.
The event agenda features:
- Short, sharp presentations from some of our most forward-thinking customers – showcasing their latest innovations in products and business models, followed by a panel discussion
- Education futurist Frances Valintine who has won numerous awards for her educational programmes and is the Founder and Chair of The Mind Lab by Unitec and Tech Futures Lab. Frances is known for her commitment to working to improve the outcomes for the next generation through contexualising education delivery and content in the 21st century.
- Liam Malone MNZM, New Zealand Paralympic gold medallist on challenge and success and mythbusting youth stereotypes.
- Business commentator and commercialisation specialist Andrew Patterson (Business Sunday) as our MC.
- Lots of interaction with other participants and engagement with the topics.
- No presentations from Competenz !
About our presenters:
Andrew Patterson - MC
Andrew is an experienced freelance business correspondent and broadcaster and the host of NBR’s popular weekend podcast Sunday Business. During the course of his media career Andrew has travelled to 55 countries and interviewed more than 1,000 CEOs and business leaders. He has a particular interest in disruptive innovation, technology, entrepreneurship, and business start-ups. He holds a Master’s degree in Business Commercialisation and Entrepreneurship from the University of Auckland Business School, as well as a Bachelor of Commerce degree majoring in Business Strategy and Economic History.
Frances Valintine - Skills for tomorrow, today: Horizons in work and education
Frances Valintine is an education futurist.
- In 2014 The Mind Lab won Best Engagement of Youth in ICTat the NZ CIO Awards and Best Start-Up in Asia Pacific judged by Richard Branson and Steve Wozniak. The same year, it won the Excellence in Social Innovation Award at the New Zealand Innovators Awards.
- In 2015, Valintine was named NEXT Woman of the Year in education, she was named one of the Top 10 most influential women by Idealog and also received the New Zealand Women of Influence Award in innovation.
- In 2016, Valintine received a Blake Leader Award from the Sir Peter Blake Trust and she was named one of the Top 50 EdTech Educators in the world. Frances also won the New Zealand Walk the Talk Award and the NZ Diversity Awards.
- In 2016 her business The Mind Lab by Unitec won the NZ CIO Award for best Engagement of Youth in ICT for the second time in three years.
Liam Malone MNZM – Think New. Think Possibility. Think Success.
Liam Malone (born 23 December 1993) is a New Zealand para-athlete, primarily competing in sprint events. He represented New Zealand at the 2016 Summer Paralympics in Rio de Janeiro, where he won gold medals in the men's 200 metres T44 and 400 metres T44, and the silver medal in the men's 100 metres T44. His next challenge is to beat Usain Bolt in a race.
For more information, please contact any of Competenz Senior Leadership Team
Register for Horizons