- Experience not essential
- Excellent training on offer
- Secure career path
About the Employer
Mō Te Kaitukumahi
Aztec is a well-established NZ-owned print and packaging company, based in East Tamaki. They care about sustainability and promote recycled and recyclable alternatives. They also offer a very supportive learning environment for their staff with on-the-job training provided.
About the Opportunity
Mō Te Huarahi
This is an opportunity to join the team and be a part of their success story. As an apprentice in a structured training programme, your tasks will include:
- Learning then running Digital Printing Presses
- Learning then running Digital cutting Machines
- Working with Art files
- Processing and understanding sales orders
- Packing and sending of orders
You are keen to learn, want to be part of a successful team and you are not afraid to ‘get your hands dirty'. You will also:
- NCEA Level 2 in English, Maths and computer skills
- Have a technical and mechanical aptitude
- Have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated, time conscious and focused
- Have a 'can do' attitude
- Be able to problem solve
- Ideally have worked with design software during your studies or at home.
Hours of work
Hours will be discussed with you at interview stage with Aztec Packaging. Your typical workday will be from 8 am to 4:30 pm.
New Zealand Certificate in Print (Level 4) with strand in Digital Printing.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Carry out routine and preventative maintenance in the workplace, according to a maintenance programme.
- Apply industry knowledge of terminology, machinery, and equipment to implement a range of technical production skills to support print production requirements.
- Troubleshoot and rectify faults and problems throughout the print production process.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers to fulfil the requirements of the work and role.
- Manage quality assurance and sustainable environmental practices to ensure industry standards are maintained.
Graduates of the Digital Printing strand will also be able to:
- Prepare job components and make ready, the digital printing machinery and any associated equipment to manage and manipulate computer files for print and process data for application into images.