Mō Te Kaitukumahi
Charta Packaging Limited specialise in manufacturing high quality corrugated cardboard packaging and premium printing. Charta Packaging is a division of Visy, who area global leader in sustainable packaging and resource recovery. Based in modern premises in East Tamaki, Highbrook, Charta has some of the latest state of the art machinery, unique to New Zealand.
Charta Packaging are now looking for an apprentice to join their experienced team. The apprenticeship is in Fibreboard Packaging leading to a qualification as a skilled Machine Operator.
The machines at Charta Packaging are high quality graphic print machines where the flat board goes in one end, gets printed and glued and comes out as a completed finished product at the other. To start with you will work alongside a skilled and experienced machine operator to learn how to set tools for production runs. Then onto learning the components of the machine and how to manually adjust to ensure quality control of the finished product.
Charta Packaging look for people who see what’s ahead and run towards it to help them achieve their vision to become the global leader in sustainable packaging solutions.
You will need to bring -
· Some experience operating machinery would be beneficial but not essential
· You will have good attention to detail and an eye for accuracy
· A positive attitude with friendly open communication
· You must be able to work well in a team environment and help out where needed
· Be capable of time management and ensuring deadlines are met
· NCEA Level 2 in English and Maths
· Drivers Licence required and own vehicle to get to the site
· Some degree of physical fitness – but note the machinery at Charta does not involve heavy lifting in its operation
Hours will be discussed with you at interview stage with Charta Packaging. They run 3 shifts – for this role the standard hours would be from7am to 3.30pm Monday to Friday.
New Zealand Certificate in Fibreboard Packaging (Level 4)
The purpose of this qualification is to provide the fibreboard packaging industry with individuals who have attained appropriate capabilities and competencies to work in the industry as a skilled machine operator without supervision.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
· Prepare job components and make ready, without supervision, the machinery to produce complex fibreboard packaging, as per customer requirements, in one or more of the production areas of case corrugating, case converting and carton converting.
· Run, without supervision, the machinery to produce complex fibreboard packaging to meet job specifications and customer requirements, in one or more of the production areas of case corrugating, case converting and carton converting.
· Troubleshoot and rectify faults and problems throughout the production process.
· Assist with supervision and people management, and training of production staff, using appropriate communication skills.
· Assist with production planning including target setting, estimating production costs, and estimating production requirements.
· Assist with quality assurance of production and sustainable environmental practices, utilising preferred industry methods.