- Workshop experience required
- Exceptional training here
- Busy team and secure career path!
About the Employer
Jay Cee Welding specialise in the fabrication and erection of structural steel for commercial and private projects.
They are currently looking for two new apprentices to join their team. Applicants must have had at least six months of experience within a workshop environment.
About the job
This is a genuine apprenticeship opportunity in Heavy Fabrication. We are seeking applications from people who have a genuine interest in engineering and welding. Training will be provided in this Henderson workshop with skilled engineers. To qualify for this opportunity, you will have workplace experience in the following skills:
- Use of a grinder
- Use of a welder
- Use of an overhead gantry for moving steel (or other heavy items)
- Moving and lifting items using a crane of some sort
Along with the experience mentioned above, you are mechanically minded. This employer requires at least six months of experience working in a welding or fabrication shop as this will have given you knowledge of Health & Safety requirements.
Attitude is key here and you will be a hard worker who is eager to learn and committed to your job.
In your application, we are looking for evidence of:
- NCEA Level 2 Mathematics and English
- Full Drivers’ licence
- An impressive work ethic
- Motivation to achieve
- Keenness to continually learn
- Reliability and commitment to your work
Hours of work
The normal start time is 6.30 am Monday to Friday. When the team is busy, they start early and finish later.
NZ Apprenticeship in Engineering – Fabrication (Heavy)
- Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply an understanding of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and workplace safety culture in order to work safely and meet responsibilities in a commercial engineering fabrication environment.
- Interpret drawings and/or specifications and select and use the appropriate fabrication materials, processes, tools, and equipment for the task being undertaken.
- Apply relevant knowledge of fabrication principles and practices, and problem solving skills, to perform engineering fabrication tasks to industry standards.
- Apply knowledge of welding to safely weld to an appropriate industry standard in a commercial engineering fabrication environment.
- Apply an understanding of effective and efficient processes and principles, and quality systems to the fabrication of components and/or provision of services in a commercial engineering fabrication environment.
- Practice effective communication within an engineering fabrication team and the wider workplace.
- Recognise the limits of own ability and the importance of working with integrity and maintaining currency in the engineering fabrication field.
- Produce a range of heavy fabricated products, including trucks and trailers, earthmoving machinery, manufacturing equipment, and pressure vessels from heavy gauge plate, sections, and pipes using the appropriate tools and current relevant techniques.
A day in the life
What a day in the life of someone working in Fabrication looks like
To register your interest in this job, please click on Apply Now and attach a copy of your CV.