- Great workplace culture on offer
- Excellent career opportunity
- Market leader organisation
About the Employer
Mō Te Kaitukumahi
Architectural Glass Products (AGP) is a brand-new state of the art glass manufacturing business focused on supplying high quality products with exceptional service to its customers. AGP operates out of a custom built world class facility in Hautapu, Cambridge and provide Insulated Glass Units to its client base.
AGP is part of the wider APL Group, the market leader of window and doors systems in New Zealand.
About the Opportunity
Mō Te Huarahi
We have an opportunity for a motivated entry level person who is willing to learn to join the AGP maintenance team.
Training and mentoring will be provided for someone who can learn their processes and procedures).
You will learn how to:
- Ensure that equipment is maintained and when necessary, repaired correctly and in a timely manner
- Focus on equipment reliability and to input to overall equipment effectiveness
- Help to plan and execute planned maintenance, preventative maintenance, spare part supply and contractor services
- Work with the production team to ensure that every order is completed in full and on time
- Troubleshoot problems that occur during the manufacturing process
Ideally, you will:
- Have NCEA 2 English and Maths
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be reliable and motivated to learn
- An inquisitive mind
- Have a great attitude toward your work
- Have an excellent awareness of health and safety
The hours of work are during shifts, with approximately 40-50 hours per week spread over five days, Monday to Friday, with varying start and finish times.
New Zealand Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Trade) with strands in Fitting and Machining, General Engineering, Machining, Maintenance Engineering and Toolmaking, Level 4.
All graduates of this NZ Certificate will be able to:
- Understand relevant health and safety legislation and workplace safety culture
- Interpret drawings and specifications and use the appropriate materials, processes, tools and equipment for the task
- Apply knowledge of relevant engineering principles and practices, and problem solving skills, to perform engineering tasks to industry standards
- Use effective and efficient processes, principles and quality systems to produce components and provide services in a commercial mechanical engineering environment
- Communicate effectively within a team and the wider workplace
- Recognise the limits of their own ability and the importance of working with integrity and maintaining currency in the mechanical engineering field.
Graduates of the Maintenance Engineering strand will also be able to:
Apply knowledge of maintenance engineering strategies and practices to monitor, inspect, maintain and repair facilities or plant and equipment.
A day in the life
What a day in the life of someone working in Maintenance Engineering looks like