- A Global business with team spirit
- Start your career on the right track
- Development support through ongoing training
About the Employer
Aggreko is the global leader in generator and temperature control hire with locations throughout the world. They are a major player in the global power market and a publicly owned company listed on the London Stock Exchange Top 200. Local operations span across Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific.
An excellent opportunity has become available for a Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Apprentice to join the team in Auckland.
About the Opportunity
There is real pride in working for Aggreko. Jobs are varied, exciting and fun. Above all, people pull together to get the job done, worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. To be successful in this role you will be resilient, customer focused, a team player, who has the drive to learn! Success in this role will bring you fruitful reward!
You’ll get to work alongside a mentor to step you through all aspects of hiring power and air conditioning solutions such as preparation for hires, delivering to site, commissioning, routine checks, replacing filters and managing returns from hire.
The right candidate will have the drive to be always learning and bettering themselves. Other key requirements are:
- NCEA Level 2 in Maths and English
- A positive can-do attitude – willing to get things done and help out
- An excellent work ethic
- A high regard for Health & Safety in the workplace
- A good level of physical fitness
- Minimum of Restricted Drivers Licence
Aggreko Culture & Benefits
People development being at the heart of the global human resources strategy; each part of the business has training programmes in place to ensure our employees have the necessary skills to perform their jobs to a high level. Our benefit plans are aligned with our business goals and take account of local conditions.
Standard Hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am to 4pm
New Zealand Certificate in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning (Trade Level 4)
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Plan, troubleshoot, recondition, and test when maintaining and servicing a range of RAC plant and equipment.
- Apply engineering trade skills and knowledge to plan, install, and test a range of RAC equipment in accordance with industry and statutory standards.
- Commission basic installations, and work with specialists to commission a full range of complex RAC plant and equipment.
- Apply knowledge of RAC system design and applications to daily tasks, and to meet job and organisation requirements.
- Apply knowledge of the use and management of refrigerants in the RAC industry to safely meet all relevant environmental, legislation, and regulation requirements, when recovering refrigerant into a cylinder, or charging a refrigeration system.
- Carry out electrical work associated with the installation, maintenance, servicing and commissioning of refrigeration plant and equipment.
- Apply knowledge of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and workplace safety culture to work safely and responsibly in a commercial environment.
- Self-manage on-going learning, and maintain the professional standards required for the RAC industry.
A day in the life
What a day in the life of someone working in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning looks like