- Role based in Auckland - Avondale
- Lots of variety on offer with this apprenticeship
- Support for your success
About The Employer
Sheet Metal Solution located in Auckland (and Christchurch) is a well-established privately-owned company equipped with modern machinery and run by highly qualified tradesmen with over 20 years of experience in the sheet metal engineering field.
Sheet Metal Solution aims to always maintain the upmost levels of service for our customers and strives to place itself at the forefront of Sheet Metal Fabrication services within the manufacturing industry with the help of latest technology.
About The Opportunity
This Sheet Metal Fabrication Apprentice position is based in Auckland where you would get the opportunity to be mentored and work with our skilled staff who have the experience and expertise in fabricating and manufacturing to a high standard and quality.
At Sheet Metal Solution you would get countless opportunities to learn through different projects while working under the guidance and supervision of skilled technicians. You will learn to perform an interesting range of tasks involved with fabricating, assembling, and installing sheet metal products throughout your journey while developing your skills working alongside our time served fabricators. You will need to be a motivated self-starter, work within a team environment, be adaptable and work to meet given timeframes.
To be considered for this Auckland based position:
- High school graduate or equivalent at least
- Experience and knowledge in fabrication industry would be beneficial but it is not essential or a pre-requisite
- Regular attendance is mandatory
- Positive attitude along with willingness to learn
- Be customer and results focused, have integrity, and be a proven team-player.
Would you like to be part of an experienced team that supports you and your success? If yes, please apply now!
Standard hours are Monday to Friday 7am to 3.30pm.
NZ Apprenticeship in Engineering Fabrication (Light Fabrication), Level 4
- Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply an understanding of the relevant Health and Safety legislation and workplace safety culture in order to work safely and meet responsibilities in a commercial engineering fabrication environment.
- Interpret drawings and/or specifications and select and use the appropriate fabrication materials, processes, tools, and equipment for the task being undertaken.
- Apply relevant knowledge of fabrication principles and practices, and problem solving skills, to perform engineering fabrication tasks to industry standards.
- Apply knowledge of welding to safely weld to an appropriate industry standard in a commercial engineering fabrication environment.
- Apply an understanding of effective and efficient processes and principles, and quality systems to the fabrication of components and/or provision of services in a commercial engineering fabrication environment.
- Practice effective communication within an engineering fabrication team and the wider workplace.
- Recognise the limits of own ability and the importance of working with integrity and maintaining currency in the engineering fabrication field.
- Produce a range of light fabricated products such as ducting, architectural fixtures, and balustrading from light gauge sheet, sections, and pipes using the appropriate tools and current relevant techniques
A day in the life
What a day in the life of someone working in Fabrication looks like