- Family owned and operated business
- Entry level role or available to those looking for a career change
- Two roles available
About the Company
Danske Mobler is an impressive family owned manufacturer of high end, quality furniture. They have a reputation for delivering excellence in premium furniture and customer care. The strength of this company is in its employees, with many having been with the company for over 15 years.
This is an exciting opportunity and is available to both entry level applicants and those wanting a career change.
About the Opportunity
Due to an increase in product demand and workload, Danske have a vacancy for an entry level role with pathway to future Upholstery Apprenticeship based at the Mt Eden site. This is a great opportunity for an energised and focused individual to step into a career path that has a busy and secure future. There is a strong focus on quality work and you will receive exceptional training.
Initially, you will be paired with a Tradesperson to learn the all aspects of upholstery. You will start with filling cushions to give you an appreciation for quality and will learn all about quality control. Following approximately six months, you will move through to the next level.
- Attitude is key
- Punctual and motivated
- Be keen and willing to learn
- Take pride in your workmanship
- Be willing and able to listen and follow instruction
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Physically strong and good level of fitness
- Team player
Benefits for you
- Training with pathway to future Upholstery Apprenticeship
- Free onsite car parking
- Staff discount on furniture
The team work from 7:00am through until 3:30pm, but we need applicants who are willing to work additional hours when required.
NZ Certificate in Furniture (Level 4) - Upholstery
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of hazard and risk management, quality requirements, and customer service to operate in a furniture manufacturing environment.
- Implement specific aspects of operational management that impact on the profitability, process improvement, or productivity of a furniture making business.
- Cost out upholstery jobs
- Apply advanced technical knowledge of upholstery materials to upholster products to meet customer and production requirements.
- Prepare for and upholster furniture
A day in the life
What a day in the life of someone working in Furniture looks like