- Branding and Signage Specialists
- Mentorship from a senior applicator
- Fun and friendly team culture
About the Employer
Colourworx is 100% New Zealand owned and operated and has been trading for the past 21 years.
Colourworx are a busy New Zealand owned and operated business that specialises in BRANDING. They offer clients unique branding solutions and opportunities which are achieved through innovation, research and development and the latest technologies.
The business is a recognized industry leader and known as being a brand guardian to a number of Key Clients. The company has a comprehensive product portfolio from signage through to event / display material and vehicle signage. The company uses processes such as digital dye sublimation and was the first in New Zealand to offer a large format continuous tone printing system that reduces the total impact of printing on the environment.
Colourworx have a “we can do it” attitude and an enjoyable work environment.
About the Opportunity
Colourworx are looking for a hands-on team player to join them as an apprentice. They are looking for someone who has the right attitude to get the job done right first time and can think on their feet and outside the square with loads of common sense! You will never be bored with the variety of work they produce.
Colourworx can offer you:
- Mentorship from a senior applicator (30+ years experience)
- Fun and friendly team culture, with monthly social gatherings
For this apprenticeship you will need:
- An outstanding work ethic
- Reliability and self-motivation
- Keen to learn and continuously improve
- A hands-on team player
- Mechanical aptitude
- Attention to detail
- NCEA Level 2 in Maths and English
- Restricted Drivers Licence to start with aim to take Full Licence
We are Colourworx and we will put “Your image. On anything.” If you are keen to start your career with a leader in the marketplace, please Apply Now.
Standard hours are 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
New Zealand Certificate in Print (Trade, Level 4) with strands in Digital Printing and Screen Printing
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Carry out routine and preventative maintenance in the workplace, according to a maintenance programme.
- Apply industry knowledge of terminology, machinery, and equipment to implement a range of technical production skills to support print production requirements.
- Troubleshoot and rectify faults and problems throughout the print production process.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues and customers to fulfil the requirements of the work and role
- Manage quality assurance and sustainable environmental practices to ensure industry standards are maintained.
Graduates of the Digital Printing strand will also be able to:
- Prepare job components and make ready, the digital printing machinery and any associated equipment to manage and manipulate computer files for print and process data for application into images.
Graduates of the Screen Printing strand will also be able to:
- Prepare job components and make ready, the screen or pad printing machinery and any associated equipment to make screens and produce printed product using the screen printing process.
A day in the life
What a day in the life of someone working in Print looks like