- Calling all keen and creative job seekers
- So much more than just a signage company!
- Entry level opportunity
About the Company
It’s in the name. We take big ideas and produce signage that makes an impact. We are advocates of creativity and innovation, with a willingness to push the traditional limits of what most would expect from your average sign making company. We produce extremely high quality work and as New Zealand’s most experienced signwriting company, have deep insight into what works and what doesn’t.
This is a fabulous opportunity to receive on the job training in the industry of modern-day digital signage, along with traditional signage with a tin of paint and a brush. The owner of the business has trained many new employees over the years and has staff who have remained in the business for 12+ years. He is incredibly passionate about the industry and has extensive knowledge and wisdom to share.
About the Role
At the start of this apprenticeship, you will be doing a lot of work to help the other tradesmen and this will include things like cleaning up (this is important and relates to Health & Safety), observation and a few of the more mundane tasks. But don't be disillusioned as you will be learning every step of the way and progressing toward some very exciting work with big clients like Sky City, Event Cinemas, Les Mills, DHB and Team New Zealand!
To be successful in this apprenticeship you will need:
- English or media studies
- Strong eye for detail
- Confidence with computers
- Enthusiasm for your work
- Commitment and reliability
Standard hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 4.30pm.
New Zealand Certificate in Signmaking (Level 4) with optional strands in Traditional Signwriting, Three Dimensional Sign Fabrication and Digital Signage Engineering
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Apply knowledge of workplace health and safety to signmaking.
- Design signs using knowledge of layout, typography and colour.
- Create and manipulate graphic files for sign production using software.
- Manufacture signs, graphics and displays using a range of signmaking materials.
- Fabricate a range of materials and apply vector cut graphics to produce flat board signs using signmaking tools, machinery and equipment.
- Laminate and apply films to a variety of flat, textured, simple and compound curved surfaces.
- Produce signs using a range of surface preparation, layout and painting techniques.
- Produce printed output for sign production using digital print technology.
- Produce illuminated signs using LED and fluorescent sign lighting.
- Install a variety of interior and exterior sign types safely using knowledge of fixings and fastenings, building substrates, waterproofing envelopes and working at heights.
Graduates of the Traditional Signwriting strand will also be able to:
- Write signs using hand lettering, metal gilding an airbrush rendering techniques.
Graduates of the Three-Dimensional Sign Fabrication strand will also be able to:
- Fabricate three-dimensional sign components utilising a variety of tools, machines and technology.
Graduates of the Digital Signage strand will also be able to:
- Produce digital signage promotion using digital signage hardware, networking systems, and content production and management software.
A day in the life
What a day in the life of someone working in Print looks like