What do they do?
Laundry workers operate specialist equipment to launder a wide range of items from personal clothing to bulk hotel linens. They use a wide range of machinery and understand how to sort, dry, finish and pack laundered items.
A typical day
Typically, eight/ten-hour work days which can involve shift work. Tasks include developing dye recipes and matching colours, carrying out dyeing processes, using a range of dyeing and wet-finishing processes, equipment and materials to dye and finish textiles.
Sound like you?
- English or Media Studies or History
- Maths or Accounting or Economics
- Sciences or Workshop Technology.
- Confident communicator
- Strong eye for detail
- Good work habits/time management.
- Customer service or helping people
- Making or fixing things
- Working with machinery.
- Inside (retail or shop)
- Inside (workshop or plant)
- One place every day.