01 November 2018
New qualifications for the engineering industry
Technology and automation are rapidly driving change in the engineering sector and our engineering programmes are transforming to better meet the needs of the industry.
In one of the largest and most complex pieces of work ever undertaken by Competenz, the engineering programmes have been reviewed in consultation with industry experts across New Zealand.
We are now enrolling new apprentices in programmes leading towards New Zealand Certificates, which will replace the National Certificates.
Available from October 2018:
- New Zealand Certificate in Mechanical Engineering (Trade) L4 with strands in General Engineering, Machining, Toolmaking, Fitting and Machining and Maintenance
- New Zealand Certificate in Engineering Fabrication (Trade) L4 with strands in Heavy Fabrication, Light Fabrication and Steel Construction
Available from November 2018:
- New Zealand Certificate in Mechanical Building Services (Trade) Level 4
- New learning resources available online 24/7 via Canvas eLearning
- After-hours phone support available to all learners
- Block courses structured to build on previous learning
- Smaller blocks of learning for complex subjects
- New study groups available in 2019
Depending what stage an apprentice is at with their training, they may be able to transition from the National Certificate to the New Zealand Certificate, and there are some benefits to doing so. Employers can speak to their Competenz training advisor to see if learners are eligible for transition.
Please note that all apprentices currently working towards a National Certificate have until 31 December 2022 to complete the qualification.
Pricing at 1 October 2018
- Elev8 service fee $995 p/a
- Canvas eLearning fee is $585 p/a
- Block course fees dependant on location, programme and year of study
Workplace assessors who require a scope extension can talk to their Competenz training advisor and these will be actioned when required.
If you have any questions about the New Zealand Certificates, transitioning apprentices or any other matter, please speak to your Competenz training advisor or email email@example.com.
New Microlearning engineering courses: 50% off until March 2019
Not in a position to take on a whole apprenticeship? Want to build skills to meet the changing needs of your business? These bite-sized courses help you stay up-to-date and competitive.
Competenz Microlearning allows you to learn online at your own pace, anytime, anywhere, on any device.
New engineering courses now available:
- Engineering maths
- Lean engineering
- Health and safety